The human body is comprised of up to 60% of water. It is important to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, so that you can stay hydrated as well as for a proper function of your body. Drinking enough water when combined with other lifestyle habits, can help you stay slim and fit too. Water has many health benefits and here are just some of them you should know about.
- Boosts your brain power and energy. Drinking enough water wakes up your brain and helps you stay focused. It increases your cognitive and motor skills as well as improves your memory. It also gives you the needed energy for fulfilling your daily tasks.
- Improves your metabolism. If you want to lose some weight or stay fit, but don’t drink enough water everyday, then you won’t see any results. Water helps you remove the fat by-products and toxins and keeps you full. It is always better to drink a glass of water before meal rather than after that.
- Must-have ingredient for glowing skin. When there is lack of hydration, the side effects can be seen on your skin. Your skin can become dry, tight and flaky and as such is more prone to wrinkling. So, drinking enough water can moisturize your skin, keep it soft and prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Helps prevent hangover. Alcohol consumption causes dehydration, which leads to hangover and this can be quite unpleasant. So, next time you are drinking, make sure to drink a glass of water with every alcoholic beverage. This will help you prevent hangover, and you will be able to function properly.
- Boosts your immune system. This is one more good reason why you must drink water. Water carries oxygen to your body’s cells, which results in properly functioning systems. And also, it flushes the toxins from your body.
- Prevents bad breath. Bad breath is definitely a sign of dehydration. So, it is important to drink enough water to wash away the leftover food particles and oral bacteria.
- Prevents headaches. Another sign of dehydration is headache. This is because water is really important for brain function. So, next time you got a headache, make sure that you drink water instead of coffee or some soda.
These are just some of the many benefits, water has on your body and health. So, make sure you start the day with a glass of water and drink enough of it for the rest of the day.