Government has issued a post for the gas registered safety inspector to provide a thorough assessment of the gas in every house. It will not only keep your gas oven well maintained but will also prolong its life span. Moreover, it will also ensure that your family is safe from gas leakages. Annual check is a must because the gas tubes often get soft and leak due to the heat. So, whenever you smell of gas leaking, take safety precautions as soon as possible. A timely gas safety checkwill also ensure that the burners are working correctly and there is no unnecessary wastage of gas.
How Is A Gas Safety Check Useful?
This safety assessment is required for every household because if it is not done regularly, it can lead to destruction causing a fire in your house. In addition, the lives of your loved ones will also be in danger. Hence a gas safety check ensures the following:
- It checks whether the installation of your gas in the house is in a safe location.
- Also, this ensures that the gas oven is kept in a suitable place.
- Suggests that all the appliances are in the correct order and that there are no gas leakages.
- It must also check that the burners are working correctly. If the need arises, it must be replaced immediately.
- You must also check the gas safety check tubes as they are the ones that start leaking first. Hence, before turning the knob, ensure that your kitchen does not smell of leaking gas.
- Check if the fumes are passing through smoothly from the chimneys.
- Make sure that a thorough check of all the appliances connected with your gas is done.
There have been thousands of cases where people have lost lives and property due to gas leaks. It is entirely an act of ignorance because unless you maintain it properly, you are safe from unnecessary damages.
Following are the risks involved you have an unsafe gas appliance in your house:
- Gas Leaks: Gas leaks are hazardous as they can lead to explosions, causing instant death. There has been news involving damage to property and life due to gas leaks and negligence in gas safety check. Keep a keen sense and if you smell of gas, then without any delay call the emergency service provider. They will check the leaks and ensure that further damage is not caused. A Registered engineer will do a thorough check of the gas tubes and the burners visually and see that all the appliances connected with your gas are safe and secure.
- Fires and Explosions: If the gas connectors are tight and well-maintained, the outflow of gas will be perfect. It also helps to save gas as faulty appliance consumes more than usual. Thus you will see the expenses on gas soaring up. You must ensure that you do not ignore faulty appliances for too long, leading to fire and explosion.
- Poisoning: The gas that you use to cook is carbon monoxide. It is a highly poisonous gas as it can lead to choking, causing instant death. When you get the smell of gas leaking from your kitchen, open all doors and windows of your house instantly. It will save you and your family on time. Hence, a gas safety check is necessary to live a safe life.
We are all busy with our daily work and sometimes we tend to ignore minor things that may cause concern in the future if not taken care of at the right time. A gas safety check of your kitchen appliances is of utmost importance. You must ensure that the maintenance is done by registered gas service engineers annually. It will keep your family and loved ones from unavoidable circumstances that might have had happened because of poor gas maintenance.