The galvanized coating protects a trailer against erosion despite its continuous exposure to wet conditions. The trailers after being galvanized provides a lifetime performance and they neither rust, chip, nor bend. These galvanized box trailers come at various models and prices. The galvanized trailers are dependable as they can easily sustain heavy loads for years. Being galvanized, the trailers are protected from harsh environments. This is scratch and chip proof; thus, maintaining this is much easier.
Advantages of Galvanized Box Trailers:
Galvanized steel has strong and protective coating of zinc which has a metallurgical bond to it. So, it makes the trailers strong and durable. The galvanized box trailers are very handy, and its maintenance cost is too low.
Now let us discuss in brief about the benefits of galvanized trailers –
- Low Cost: Galvanized trailers cost lower than most commonly specified corrosion protection coatings for steel. The maintenance cost of it is equally low. So, these trailers are pocket friendly.
- Tough Coating: The galvanized coatings on the trailers are not only thicker but also strong enough to resist any kind of physical damage. It adds more life to the box trailers.
- Longevity: The galvanized coatings can protect the box trailers for years to come from all the corrosive elements. It has been found that these coatings can last even more than 30 years.
- Lower Maintenance: The maintenance costs of the galvanized box trailers are inevitably low as the hot dip galvanized coatings are self-maintaining and thicker.
- Automatic protection for Damaged areas: The galvanized coatings are reliable and predictable. Unlike other coatings, the small damaged areas do not need touching up in case of the galvanized coatings.
- Complete Protection: All parts of the box trailer being hot dip galvanized, it gives complete protection even at the sharp corners, recesses or even at inaccessible areas. No other coating can offer so much deep protection to the trailer from corrosion.
Tips for buying Galvanized Box Trailers:
If you are planning to buy a galvanized box trailer, then go through the following tips that can save you from making a bad choice –
- Go for a new trailer other than a second hand one: Before buying a trailer, consider the short-term savings against the long-term costs. In case you wish to buy a second-hand trailer, then ask the previous owner to show you the proof of maintenance and if the owner fails to do so then it’s better to move on. Just like a car, a box trailer also needs regular maintenance like wheel bearings, lights, tailgate, hinges, axle springs, etc. Most of the second-hand trailers have a hard life.
- Important box trailer specifications and terms: Buying a galvanized box trailer is a smart decision as its zinc coating will last longer but apart from that, a few other things are needed to be looked at like Aggregated Trailer Mass or ATM, Payload and Towing Capacity.
- Trailers with brakes or without brakes: Depending on your usage you can select trailers with brakes or without brakes. The trailers with a break can carry liquor payload other than the trailers without brakes.
There is quite a many trailer supplier in Australia who provide superior quality box trailers with galvanized coatings at a reasonable price. So, it’s always better to go for an experienced supplier who can understand the needs of the customers and live up to their expectations. Choose from the versatile range of box trailers available online as well as in the showrooms if you are looking for a hassle free, durable, and reliable way to transport your belongings. Without compromising with quality or budget, get a galvanized box trailer for your business which will give you a long-lasting solutions for your transportation needs.