Today, when almost everyone owns a car, parking spaces are becoming less available. To manage with the available spaces, people use a
marking system to allow the cars to park efficiently. So, basically car park line marking is a system of measuring and parking cars to achieve maximum space for parking. An area is marked to ensure that a car has enough space to park and not damage itself in the process. The spaces are thus marked out after an accurate measurement and marked with white paint with the help of machines. This is an efficient way to go about because this method not only provides enough space for parking but also increases the safety by preventing them from parking on the road and thus allowing people to use roads freely. Now, we further delve into the car park line marking ways.
Colour Strategy To Mark Car Park Lines:
The colors used to mark these lines play a very important role. Usually, three different colors are used, namely, yellow, blue and white. Each color has a different meaning and signifies different things for different places. Thus, colors should be chosen with much care and thought. Blue lines are used extensively in shopping malls and in gaining popularity. Now we go through some of the different colors used for this purpose:
1. Bi-Coloured – Sometimes, a combination of different colors can be used to represent a reserved parking space. The colors used are generally red and white. These parking spaces can be used by people who want to park their cars temporarily as well. The short-term guests who need to park their cars can use that space provided they follow the lines and dimensions marked.
2. White Lines – Most places have these lines. These lines indicate that the parking space is available for visitors visiting for a short time and that space is available for them to park their cars. Often, there are signboards also present in the entrance of parking spaces to inform the visitors of the parking space available and how they can use the white car park line markings to park their cars.
3. Yellow Lines – Another common color used to mark parking places is the color yellow. These lines indicate that the parking space is not free but chargeable. These lines are painted wider than the white and bi-colored lines to allow people to spot the yellow markings easily. Anyone parking their car over these lines has to pay a certain amount after they decide to leave the parking space.
Now, what are the reasons that people should opt for car parking line marks?
1. Abiding by the Rules and Regulations – In a lot of places, car parking lines are mandatory to allow people to know where to park and how much space is available.
2. Efficiency – Through car park lines, a lot more cars can be parked easily than it would have been parked without the lines. The lines help people see where space is available and people can thus park cars accordingly. This also prevents unintentional car blocking and conflicts with the people who have parked their cars around.
3. Organized Traffic – If the cars are arranged neatly, cars on the roads can travel in a smooth manner without there being any problem for them. The organized parking encourages people to drive responsibly and thus makes the entire scenario of roads better.
Thus, car park line marks is a very important tool used by people all over the world to encourage efficient use of parking space available and to manage traffic in a peaceful manner.