A commercial shed is used in various types of businesses and industries. A lot of materials and goods are required to be stored on a daily basis. And the stuff just keeps growing. This, precisely, is where these sheds come into play. The different types of commercial sheds are:
- Workshops– These sheds are used in those businesses which require additional space for repairing of equipment and tools. These sheds provide the businessman with more space to run their repairing centers.
- Distribution and Warehousing– These sheds are used for businesses which are dependent on receiving and holding goods until a purchase is made. Storing goods until they are bought by consumers require space which is fulfilled by this particular type of commercial shed.
- General Industrial Sheds– This shed is used in cases where the business has just started and requires some space to boost itself. They are flexible and easy to construct. They suit any type of business and are thus quite popular among new ventures.
- Aircraft Hanger– This shed is used in storing aircraft and all equipment related to the aviation industry. They keep the commercial aircrafts safe in the sheds and prevent unauthorized access.
A commercial shed can be built from various materials like steel, wood or even plastic. But the best option is that of steel. The reasons for the same are listed below:
- Fast and Accurate Construction– Steel constructions are easy to assemble and build from scratch when compared to other materials. They take less time to construct. The entire construction can take 40% lesser time when built from steel. This is because steel components are pre-manufactured and only require time for assembling.
- Economical Option– Commercial sheds made from steel are reasonable because they are not as expensive as wooden structures. They come with high durability and are not a flimsy option for building a shed.
- Easy Maintenance– Steel Sheds are easy to maintain since they do not require frequent refurbishing. Paints last for decades and are rust and corrosion free. This liberates the user of future costs and thus becomes a go-to option.
- Customizable– Steel offers users with numerous choices. They can be easily designed in the exact way the customer wants. The roofs for commercial sheds are of various designs and steel is capable of being molded into any of those ways.
- Elasticity– When a company grows, its business automatically expands. It requires more space for storage and the older sheds might not be sufficient. Steel sheds can be easily expanded, i.e., changing the entire space allocation can change these sheds into a larger space. Steel is a viable option in this case.
- Durable– steel sheds are resistant to warping and shrinking. They are mold proof and insect resistant. The galvanized sheets used for commercial use also offers resistance from rust and corrosion. They are also fire resistant.
- Energy Efficient– they are energy efficient in the sense that they keep the commercial sheds warm, or cold, even in extreme weather conditions. This cuts the expenses that would have otherwise gone on insulation. Heat radiates quickly from the roof, which creates a cool environment within the shed. In winters, the panel walls can be insulated better to keep the sheds heated.
- Eco-Friendly – This material is environmentally friendly since it is 100% recyclable. Even after being recycled, it does not lose its strength. Steel also produces less waste compared to other materials. Thus, it saves the already limited natural resources.
Thus, commercial sheds are generally constructed using steel. They are highly versatile and offer plenty of choices to the user of the shed. These are definitely your go to shed, the next time you want to set up one.