Nowadays, homeowners prefer to have a modern touch to all the to all the features in their homes, including the bathroom. Actually, bathrooms are designed with utmost care as that is a place of relaxation for any homeowner. A comfortable bathroom is on the top of the priority list for every homeowner. People even look for stylish essentials to add to the bathroom and thereby add elegance to the whole space. So, if you are also one of those homeowners who are planning to follow the trend and get a fashionable bathroom, you should consider waterproofing bathroom along with that. This is to ensure that the shower and bathroom water does not leak out from the bathroom space and wet the places surrounding the bathroom which are meant to be kept dry. There is a lot of importance of waterproofing bathrooms that most of the homeowners are unaware of. So, it is essential that you be aware of the importance of waterproofing bathrooms.
Importance of waterproofing your bathroom:
- When stagnant water becomes trapped under the tiles in the bathroom, there are several consequences. Generally, the floor is constructed with the assumption that the water and grout under the tiles will dry within a day. But, if there is no waterproofing in bathroom, the water probably may stay under the tiles forever as there is no sunlight reaching under the tiles to dry the water up. Thus, the shower tiles will remain wet.
- Because of continuous presence of water under the surface, there is a possible breeding environment created for mold. This stages a serious threat to the health of the people accessing the bathroom. This has to be prevented at all costs as any health threat is unacceptable. Also, prolonged moisture attracts vices like termites and carpenter ants as well which can damage a lot of your home furniture. To avoid all this, all you need is waterproofing bathroom services.
- Waterproofing creates a moisture free and water free protective layer over every inch and corner of the bathroom. This is extremely beneficial if you are aiming to have mold free walls and to avoid accumulation of moisture over the walls of the bathroom.
- A leaky bathroom can lead to several other problems in the long run including a leaking basement ceiling. The water accumulated under the tiles are capable of creating a decomposition of the cement work beneath it and thereby make the slab leaky.
Benefits of waterproofing your bathroom:
- Avoid leakage: a drippy bathroom can be avoided completely if the bathroom is waterproofed.
- It is a long-term solution to all water problems: Waterproofing bathroom is something that can free you of all watery problems permanently. Imagine your bathroom never having leakage related problems all your life – pleasing, right?
- Aesthetically pleasing: When there is a waterproofed bathroom, there is no stagnant water and thus there is no after effects of mildew or mold build-up that can damage the tiles.
- Shower tiles appear new even after years of usage due to no mold deposition.
- A combined solution for unwanted water as well as moisture build up.
Having a leaky bathroom and a mold build up around it can be really annoying to any homeowner. Nothing can daunt the charming look of your bathroom more than a mold build up on walls. The best feature of waterproofing bathroom is that you can do the whole shower waterproofing process by yourself if you are the roll up the sleeves and get down to your knees type. If not, there are several experts who give appalling shower waterproofing services to rest your mind at peace for years to come.