Just like other devices, cars too require proper maintenance services so as to keep it functional and efficient. With regular and proper maintenance, the car performs at its maximum level for a longer period of time. Thus, car servicing is necessary to keep your car well maintained and also to reduce the cost of repair, if not conditioned properly. In case of a brand new car, it should be serviced as frequently as mentioned in the manual; otherwise it may result in various problems. Whereas, in the case of old cars or the vintage cars, one needs to ensure that the oil and filter of the car is changed after every six months. Although cars have various service requirements, the need of changing oil and filter is very much significant and is a basic thing to keep the car efficient for a longer span of time.
What makes it important to know about the car’s service manual?
Since the car service manual has been designed and edited by the professionals who know every bit of your car, it is important for the car user or the owner to abide by the rules and regulations mentioned in the manual as it contains:
- How frequently do you need the vehicle to get serviced?
- How frequently does the regular maintenance need to be performed such as oil change and filter change?
- How frequently the spare parts of the car need to be changed?
In addition to this, the manual can help the owner to plan beforehand for the cost of car servicing and repair bills. It also provides details about the dashboard warning messages, which include problems with car’s braking system, engine, and tyre pressure etc.
Tips on how to take care of your car:
Like home or property, car is also a valuable asset that requires frequent pampering and servicing in order to get the maximum productivity. Thus, to extend the shelf life of the vehicle, one needs to follow the below mentioned tips frequently:
- Change the oil and filter after every 5000 kilometers and remember to throw away the used oil.
- Look for the status of the brake, power steering, transmission, and antifreeze fluids as mentioned in the manual.
- Ensure that the air pressure content in each tyre is appropriate as mentioned in the manual.
- Check if all the lights of the car are functional.
- Make sure that there are no cracks or missing segments in the engine belts.
- Assess the windshield wiper blades and replace them if required.
- Ensure that the filter is free from clogs and jams and is clean.
- Check if the body of the vehicle is free from rust and corrosion. As cars usually come with warranty schemes, it is essential for the owner to check with the dealer in regards to this information.
- Apply a good screen wash in order to remove oil and dirt easily, which cannot be done only with water.
- Before going for a long journey, make sure that the dipstick is checked.
- If the car is consuming large amount of oil, get it checked by the professional.
Get in touch with a professional for car servicing
Since car servicing not only includes changing of oil and filter, it also includes checking of the ball joints, tyres, steering, suspension leaks, and suspension springing and many other things. It is important to get in touch with the car servicing professional, so that he will take care of these as per the requirements.
Qualities of a car servicing professional
Some of the factors to be checked before choosing a car servicing professional
- Check for a car servicing company that have years of experience and expertise in this field
- Check if the price rate of the company is nominal.
- Check if the company is a certified and can provide servicing for any types of cars.
Thus, to keep your car in good shape, it is essential to get in touch with the car servicing company and solve all your car related issues in the right way.