Timber floors can add an aesthetic view to the interior of your house. If you are looking forward to upgrading your lifestyle you can opt for installing timber floors. A timber floor is similar to wood flooring and it is able to provide an enhanced beauty to your house besides providing protection from any sort of weather condition. If your home has an ordinary floor, it can get moist or easily damaged in the rainy season. However, a timber floor offers you a special coating which protects it from water. The quality of wood used for the flooring is a critical factor on which its durability depends. The main use of timber flooring is undoubtedly to provide your home with a classy look besides preserving the base of the house.
Originality always appeals more and the actual color of timber is always in trend. Besides, it is a cost-effective solution. In order to provide your timber floors with a polished quality many people these days polish them regularly. Timber floors are also used in the main entrance to grab people’s attention. Cleaning is an essential part for maintaining timber floors and their polish.
Here are some tips which you can use:
- Before you go about cleaning your timber flooring, you should remove the rugs.
- If your timber floor comes in direct contact with the ultraviolet rays, it can get significantly damaged. Therefore, sunlight should be avoided. You should preferably place timber floors inside the house itself.
- The furniture which comes directly in contact with the floor can cause severe damage to the timber floor. This is why you place a carpet underneath the furniture.
- The polished and luminous shine of the floors can be maintained well if you keep mopping it regularly with warm water.
- You can also make use of wood polish on your timber floor with the help of a sponge mop and apply it in different directions until the whole timber surface is covered with the polish.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner to clean your timber floor if the vacuum cleaner has special bare floor settings.
- Always avoid using any special kind of cleanser which is not suitable for timber products.
- You should make use of a soft broom for cleaning the floor regularly.
- You should place the door mats or rugs in the entrance of the house in order to avoid any sort of outside dirt on your floor, which is further difficult to remove.
- You should soak the mop in a mixture of water and wood cleaner after which you can simply extract out until the whole mop is slightly damp.
- You should use a minimal amount of water for cleaning floors made of timber.
- Your timber floor lends life to allergens like pollens, mold or other foreign substances. You can easily wipe away these irritants with a wet cloth or sponge. Brushing off such pollen and stain removal is easiest with the base of wooden floors.
In the end we can say that these are the main and also the most important steps for the polishing and cleaning of your timber floors. If you wish to clean your timber floor then simply follow these important guidelines or steps given above. Regular inspection of the floors for any sort of damage or leaks will help you to detect the damage at an earlier stage. Everything that adds to the beautification requires regular maintenance as well. Proper polishing, cleaning and safeguarding are necessary measures of maintenance in order to have timber floors for a long time.