A fascinator is a kind of headpiece which is usually knitted. It adds a mark of the royal member in a person’s life. It is a type of formal headwear which is worn in formal ceremonies. It is an alternative to a hat, hair band or a clip. These are used from the Renaissance period. A fascinator is worn in the occasion where a hat wearing is mandatory like in cocktail parties, in wedding ceremonies, in royal parties, in death ceremonies and many other high-class parties. A fascinator comes in the different shapes and colors. It has a different style as well like with or without feather, with or without pearls, with or without ribbons and bow. The most commonly used fascinator is a black fascinator.
Let’s know some facts about the black fascinator
Advantages of using a black fascinator
- These act as a remarkable intermediate of a hat in wedding ceremonies. Thus, easy to handle and wear.
- Adds a different fashion style to the same styling sense.
- it is adorning as it makes a person more attractive while wearing it.
- keeps the hairstyle in its place by not messing up the hair.
- It is much cheaper than the hats. Thus, it is inexpensive and the most affordable fashion styling.
- This black fascinator adds a glam or a sparkle to the overall dressing fashion of the individual wearing. Thus, most of the members of the royal family wear a fascinator.
Different types of black fascinator available in the market
- Barrette fascinator- this is one of the secured fascinators worn. It consists of sectional clip or spring clip. It adds the best accent to the fancy hairstyle. It is clipped next to a bun or attached to the base of the braid.
- Comb fascinator- this is a crafted accessory which slides easily to the braided hair as a clipped kind of style. It is fitted inside the hair so naturally that it never feels as if anything is worn. It is not noticeable in the hair once worn.
- Headband fascinator- it consists of a slight metal or cloth band that is wrapped around the head. It is decorated with feathers, beads, pearls and other knitted cloth designs.
- Mini hat or cocktail hat- they are small versions of hats that consists of elastics around the head to be fitted over it. A comb can also be used in replacement of the elastic band.
Events in which black fascinators are used
- Race day- Women visit these events wearing fascinators as in many race days hats are mandatory.
- Vintage- in retro parties where in early medieval days women used to wear fascinators.
- High tea parties- in royal and high-class families, during the high tea gathering, women do wear fascinators as a unique way of getting a fashion sense.
- In formals- like in prom, in a gala, in debutant or in high school formal.
- Weddings- here, the bride, the bridesmaid, and other members related to the Christian wedding ceremony do wear fascinators.
Tips for wearing black fascinators
- Never wear fascinator on the dinner table and indoor, office or workspace.
- You must remove it as a sign of respect during the national anthem, flag rising or funeral.
- Don’t wear fascinators with a formal evening gown.
- Wear it on the right-hand side.
- Don’t wear them if you are going for an informal outing like watching play.
Fascinators do not only add a remarkable point to one’s fashion sense but also makes a person look much beautiful. Some women do wear the fascinators matching to the dress code they are wearing.