One element of the home which is taken for granted most of the time is flooring. It is one of the vital structural aspects of the home. The foundation of your room and house is based on the flooring. If you are not able to select the right option, you will not be able to get the right style and design which you always wanted.
One of the best options for flooring is timber flooring. Apart from this, there are several other benefits of installing this kind of flooring. You can go for customizing the timber floors with numerous designs in mosaic varieties, and you can blend the soft tones like beige and cream with the rest of your wall décor.
What are the benefits of installing timber flooring in your house?
- Durable option: Solid and good quality timber lasts until the lifetime of your house. It can easily be resurfaced if required. When compared to carpet flooring, timber floors are always the best choice as carpet flooring requires to be replaced every five years due to reasons like pores, holes, dirt, and stains. Both soft and hardwood are durable components, and they can give you the best value for money.
- Natural appeal: The best part of timber floors is it offers an elegant and classy look when compared to any other kind of flooring option. On top of that, you can get various colors and grains for this flooring to offer a large variety to select from. Irrespective of what kind of furniture and décor you have for your home, this flooring will easily blend and offer a great look. If you love the contemporary look, this flooring is for you. Timber floors are not only suitable for houses but also for commercial buildings. These floors can be used as decks, in the kitchen, in bathroom sides, and also if you want to add more resale value to an already-existing apartment.
- Simple to clean: The best part of the timber flooring is that it does not retain stains, dust, or odor. For cleaning this flooring, you just need light vacuuming and simple brushing. Even if you have kids or pets at home which bring mud inside the house, you need not worry as a simple steam mop with water can remove the dirt.
- Enhances the value of your house: The timber floor is very much in trend and adds value to your house. If you are planning to sell your house, you are bound to get a good price. Ask the real estate agent about this, and he will surely say that this flooring adds real value to the houses.
- Hygienic option: If you have carpet flooring, you have to worry about allergens like fleas, dust mites and dust sticking to the carpet. It is very harmful to people that have allergies.
- Offers thermal comfort: Timber wood is a great insulator and so it plays a crucial role in maintaining the room temperature. Wood helps in preventing the heat flow out and in the house during summers and winters. Hence, this makes the room very comfortable in summers as well as in winter. You will never feel wood cold underfoot. It is normally warm and welcoming underfoot, so it can offer thermal comfort.
- Reasonable option: Timber flooring is less expensive when compared to the solid hardwood. It is mainly true for the thicker alternatives, as these are already finished and sanded numerous times. On top of that, timber floors are less expensive as far as installation is concerned. Wood and timber flooring can be glued, nailed and you can even staple it on the main strata of the floor.