There are many risk factors associated with a mobile plant. If you want a permission to work on site then as a company you will have to stick to the safety rules and regulations that have been outlined by the health and safety department of the state. If you properly adhere to the rules, then getting a clearance will not be a trouble at all. There are plenty of agencies that will help in mobile plant risk assessment and get you a clearance for the same.
Mobile Plant: Meaning
A mobile plant means any type of plant that uses self-propulsion technique which is in the proper control of an operator. The machinery that comes under the mobile plant are cranes, bobcats, graders, rollers, hoists, forklifts, stackers, excavators, and a lot more.
Each state has different set of regulations when it comes to clearing a mobile plant. They regulate the registration, license and operation of the plant since there is a high risk involved. There is a risk of health and safety for the operator and people working in and around the mobile plant. Therefore, it is extremely important to understand the dangers and proper operating procedure of the mobile plant risk assessment to help safeguard the people working around the mobile plant site.
Identification of dangers
Mobile plants are used for working in several industries. The risk of mobile plant is usually associated with the type of use. Some common dangers associated with it are given below:
- Mechanical danger: worker hit by moving plant, any damage to PPE
- Noise related Danger: worker comes in contact with vibration of plant or its tools
- Manual Danger: handling heavy and wobbly loads all alone
- Working area: narrow space, bad light, terrible weather conditions
- Chemical danger: getting exposed to various dangerous chemicals inside the workplace
- Biological danger: workplace full of microbes, insects and mosquitoes.
- Gravitational danger: suspended from a great height, falling from a great height.
Crane related accidents usually take place in a work area because of poor planning on department’s end, bad handling of equipment, un-trained workforce and not following basic rules of the state.
Mobile plant risk assessment and compliance
The mobile plant risk assessment plan includes identifying the possible dangers in the workplace related to the plant, compliance level of operator and business house. After a proper assessment of the workplace, equipment, taskforce is usually the work permit for a mobile plant handed over to business house.
- Warehouse owners have to understand the general dangers linked with health and safety of the plant and work force.
- The standard operation methodology must be in practice always.
- The mobile plant should be used according to the set instructions.
- If a plant is not in use anymore then it must be removed from the worksite immediately.
- Proper installation of a warning system all across the worksite must take place.
- Self-inspection by authorized personnel from inside the company must take place from time to time.
Why to take the help of an agency?
If you want a mobile plant for your worksite then you should take the help of an agency to get it easily. This is because there are a lot of legislations of state that you need to stick to when you apply for a license. You will never be able to get a site clearance for your mobile plant if you do not get the first risk assessment in place. If you see that your employees are unable to manage this task, then taking help from mobile plant risk assessment agency is a wonderful idea. They are experts in completing the required documentation according to the legislation of the state.