Due to the emergence of LED bulbs in the lighting industry, there has been a whole revolution in the way people perceive lighting their homes, office or other public places. Most people nowadays have a tendency to go for LED bulbs due to the perceptible change in durability of a bulb, low costs incurred on electricity bills and some other marked points of difference. LED bulbs work more efficiently than CFL and incandescent counterparts due to the great advent in technology which works when electrons move through a semiconductor and causes light-emitting diodes to produce light. LEDs are of two types – one that can produce white light and another, colored lights. If you want to make necessary changes in your home by installing LED light bulbs, then it is always better to check out their pros and cons. Below is a list.
Things you should check out before going in for LED lighting:
- Remember that LEDs come in different powers, shapes and sizes. Choosing the wrong LED bulb light will cause your specified area to be over-illuminated, thus causing discomfort. There are LEDs with lower power which makes them typically fit to light a smaller area such as a bathroom or a power button. On the other hand, malls and supermarkets have LEDs which operate on high voltages and can illuminate a whole parking lot.
- LEDs have some definite advantages over CFLs and incandescent light bulbs. People choose LEDs due to the extreme efficiency, durability and cost-effectiveness offered by them. LEDs have significantly longer life with a typical LED running between two to three years on an average. It is almost 80% more durable than CFLs.
- Energy efficiency is a great factor when it comes to choosing LED bulb light over other forms of lighting. Why is that? LEDs actually end up saving more power than an energy-saver, because they can operate on extremely low voltage and still illuminate a large area. This makes it easier for people to choose LEDs.
- LED lights have a specific mode of direction due to which it illuminates the area where it is targeted and causes less consumption of electricity. As the light is pinpointed, it causes much less heat to be generated and loses much less light. This makes them great if you want to illuminate a particular area of the household or a place over the mirror. LED bulb light can produce power of up to 60 incandescent bulbs at a time.
- LEDs are extremely durable. They will not burst as is common with incandescent bulbs and thus the risk factor is much less. If you use them well, they will last for an average of 60,000 hours.
- Coming to potential disadvantages, it should be pointed out that they are actually costlier to purchase initially. They cost about 100 times the price of an incandescent bulb. Thus, if the whole house has to be lighted with LEDs, be prepared to make a huge initial investment.
- LED bulb light is actually not dimmable. There are some exceptions but they cost a whole lot more. So if someone is in need of a light that can be adjusted according to his needs, then he should opt for an incandescent or CFL bulb.
- There are compatibility problems when fitting LED lights onto low voltage transformers.
- Temperature conditions affect the quality of light of an LED bulb.
- As time goes on, the LED bulbs have reduced output as the light and colour degrade over the years with use. Due to this, lights may dim and flicker and cause discomfort.
If you want more details about LED bulb light, then please stay connected with us today!