In the market today, it is undoubtedly true that export pallets are still continuing to be dominated by heat treated wood units. However, the one trend that has been the growing interest in alternative materials predominantly is plastic, press-wood and paper pallets. When you choose the pallets for your shipment you need to consider several things like the durability of the pallets, locking system, materials and recyclable facility of these pallets. In this case, wooden pallets are the best choice for everyone because you can customise these pallets according to your product size and these pallets can save your product from any kind of damages. So through these wooden export quality pallets, you can save your damage cost and transport your products safely.
- A growing headache for many businesses that need to stock goods on a regular basis is the thought of whether they should buy pallets or rent them. After all, pallets are ideal for warehousing goods and transporting them too.
- These export pallets have also made a mark in retail centers as cheap, but effective display structures. That is why, buying pallets could prove to be a good investment, assuming they are well made and suit the purpose for which they are bought.
How To Choose the Right Pallet Material Option
Choosing the right material for pallets is an important decision that any consumer needs to make before finally purchasing it. What type of export pallet do we need? Is it wooden pallets, plastic pallets, or metal pallets?
- Once you have decided the type of export pallet that you need, the first thing you need quality. The heavier the merchandise that needs to be stored or moved, the sturdier is the material needed for the pallet.
- Generally, export pallets are easy to use, and this can provide significant savings in both warehouse and transport costs. The best part is that if export pallets are made of plastic, you’ll experience problem free overseas and export shipping because plastic does not require costly heat treatment required for wood export pallets.
Dealing with Vendors
Nevertheless, whether you are ordering new or used pallets, some unscrupulous suppliers may take some shortcuts with the products they sell to their clients.
- If you have chosen to order a custom-made pallet size rather than a standard size then ensure to inspect the pallet to make sure that it has been made according to specifications. In this case, you can go for some customised export pallets and you should maintain the custom norms for making these export pallets. So discuss with the dealers about your requirements and they will design your pallets according to your needs.
- In a case of wooden pallets, cutting wood to precise dimensions is expensive. Hence, ensure that the pallet is composed of full-length wood pieces rather than shorter lengths nailed together. This type of a pallet will be unstable for sure.
- If you are buying repaired or refurbished pallets, make sure that the work is done according to industry standards and is not just a quick nailing job. You ca n recycle these wooden export pallets and resell these pallets after they are used. So it will save your expenses and it can cut your transportation cost.
- If you are buying heat-treated pallets for export, make sure that the supplier is licensed and the products are fully complaints with ISPM 15 standards. The heat-treatment stamp should be clear, original and integral with the wood. Some vendors attach a heat-treatment stamp from an old pallet on to an untreated one.
Always buy some good quality pallets for your business because it is related to your costly products and you should reduce the damage cost by choosing these excellent quality pallets only.