An untidy balustrade with visible dust and smudges can be a nightmare for many homeowners. Such conditions not only affect the attractiveness of your house but also at the same time hamper the quality of balustrades. So, one of the best solutions to avoid them is to perform frequent maintenance using the right set of techniques and products.
Still, confused with the idea of cleaning balustrades and are not sure how to sustain their look so that they remain new for long? Well, you are on the right page and reading the right article, as this article will talk about the various methods that can be implemented to preserve the aesthetics of the balustrade and that too without any complications.
#1. Wash the Balustrades Frequently
Wash the balustrades using water along with professional graded products at least once in every 15 days. When doing this you have to realize that each material tends to respond best to a particular type of routine and cleaning solution. Therefore, the various components that are part of the balustrades require a different form of a wash, such as:
- Glass: Most of the balustrades make use of glass as panels, which are supported by either one or two types of materials. For glass, you can utilize cleansers designed to remove smudges and boost their shine, while the same is not recommended for the materials that are surrounding them. So, make sure that you use them carefully.
- Aluminum: Another material, which is often used as the frame of balustrades, is aluminum. For cleaning them, you can wipe the area with a damp cloth and then dry the area to keep it free from moisture.
- Stainless Steel: The method of cleaning stainless steel balustrade is almost similar to that of aluminum. However, for this, you can even make use of mild detergents that will remove staining or heavy soiling from them. And, this must be followed routinely, while the same may not be necessary for aluminum.
#2. Look for Signs of Wear
The balustrade, especially those that are installed outdoors have to face harsh climatic conditions, which often lead to corrosion and stain with time. From stormy rainfall to debris, each and every element can take its toll over them. To make them appear new, you must look for these signs at least once a year and at the same time prepare them to face every season.
Common issues that must be examined are:
- Wobbly nails
- Rusted screws, and
Each one of them occurs every now and then and must be fixed immediately. Because with time, these situations only turn worse and add to the expenses of repairing the balustrade. Therefore, you can either fix them yourself or hire a professional for the task at once.
#3. Make Use of Appropriate Practices
Besides, regularly maintaining the balustrade and checking for signs of wear & tear, you have to treat them with proper care to ensure that they do not become prone to damages. Some of the simple practices include the following:
- Never apply too much pressure over the panels of the balustrade
- Perform a stability test in every one year
- Get rid of debris right at the moment when you notice them
- Never knock objects onto the frame or the panel of the balustrade
Keeping the balustrade new does not have to be a challenging task if you use simple hacks. All you have to do is to follow the aforementioned guidelines along with a suitable range of cleaners so that their shine and appeal are
preserved for years to come. Thus, they will look new always, even after years of installation.
So, implement them and witness the world of difference it can have on the appeal of the balustrades and make its maintenance as simple as it could be without any hassles.