Timber flooring is also popularly known as wood flooring or plank flooring. This basically involves wooden recycled boards which are used as flooring. This type of flooring is preferred by a lot of people for its aesthetic value. People usually prefer plank flooring in their houses as well as offices.
Various types of Timber Flooring:
- Hardwood flooring: Hardwood flooring also known as groove flooring is famous for its durable nature and everlasting beauty. Hardwood timber flooring is devised in such a way that it can be directly installed on the floor. All one needs to do is place it on the floor and nail it on the wooden flooring.
- Parquetry Flooring: Next type of timber flooring is parquetry. Parquetry is basically hardwearing which is available in 2 types of styles, first is mosaic and the second is block. As per the requirement, one can choose any one of the following. Various grades of wood like Tasmanian oak, black butt etc are used in this type of flooring.
- Wood Mosaic: This type of flooring is very similar to a wooden block which has been arranged in a basket.
Advantages of Timber Floor:
There are many advantages of installing timber wood for flooring in your house or office. However, to get an insight of the usefulness and benefit of this flooring, we have listed down a few of them:
- Timber flooring adds warmth to the area it has been installed in. Additionally, timber flooring adds to the aesthetic value of the place.
- Timber is famous for its durability and long lasting nature. So, timber flooring is a onetime investment which will remain for a very long time.
- Timber flooring, unlike carpet flooring, is easy to maintain and clean. While it is a humongous task to remove dust from a carpet flooring, cleaning a timber flooring is like a cake walk.
- Timber flooring is eco-friendly and natural. During production, timber flooring requires very less amount of energy in comparison to other flooring materials.
- Timber is known to store carbon from the atmosphere making it more pleasant.
- Timber is a very good insulator.
- It is hypo-allergic as it does not extract allergens and dirt.
Tips to Clean Timber Flooring:
- Clean your wooden flooring with soap oil on a regular basis. One must ensure to use only those soaps which have been specially designed to clean timber flooring else you will end up damaging the floor.
- While cleaning the house with soap, one must take care that they do not use excessive soap as it might get accumulated and be visible as spots on the floor.
- While cleaning the floor, ensure you are mopping it with fresh and clean water after using the soap water.
- Apart from the above, there are many wood cleaning products which are available in the market. You can get those products and use them regularly to clean the floor.
Tips to Take Care of Timber Flooring:
- Timber flooring can get damaged with excessive moisture and excessive dirt. So, it must be taken care of that too much of any of these things should not be there else it will damage your flooring.
- One very important thing to take care is avoiding dragging of furniture on the floor. One of the most common reasons of floor damage is dragging heavy items on the floor. So while shifting or relocating furniture, ensure it is done without causing any harm to the timber flooring.
- Excessive dirt can cause damage to your flooring so you must ensure that dirt does not accumulate on the floor.
So, those were some of the vital tips you can keep in your mind when opting timber flooring.