Working on the rooftop is quite a dangerous task if you do not have proper safety latches by your side. Whether it is working on commercial roofs or industrial ones, the height of the roof from the ground is way above and can cause some serious negative results if you ever slip or encounter fall. In some instances, the height can be fatal and injure you badly. To avoid all that and easily reach down or up as required, you need roof access ladders used frequently these days. These ladders are designed using modern materials and latest technologies for a sturdy hold and great longevity. You can easily get access to the best ladder in town if you figure out the types first. Depending on your requirements, these types are supposed to vary a bit from one another. You will not get into any trouble once you are sure of the available options and then make a choice.
General Requirement to Focus On:
There are some general points, which you expect from any kind of roof access ladders for commercial or industrial roofs. So, make sure to follow a checklist first and get to the requirements before making the final selection. This process might take some time from your side but worth all the research, you will do.
- In terms of the fixed ladder, there should be an intermediate landing. This landing is also known as rest platform and should be at an interval of 30 feet.
- There needs to be a safety cage associated with such roofing ladders. This cage should have stepped off point of around 20 feet or more than this measurement.
- You can even get yourself associated with fall arrest system, marked with some amazing ladders. This fall arrest systems are associated with the rest platform and safety cage for a perfect product choice in the end.
- When it comes to rungs, those should have 7 inches of clearance to accommodate space for toes while trying to climb the ladder.
Characteristics of The Ladders:
Those were the basic requirements mentioned while working on the roof access ladders. Now, it is time to look for the characteristics associated, which will help you to make the right ladder choice. Be sure to mark the points somewhere, or else, you might get confused with so many options.
- The products are durable and sturdy in nature, yet light in weight. You must not feel confused while installing these ladders.
- The items should be corrosion resistant and able to withstand pressure at its best. Most of the ladders are manufactured after following the standards of installation and fabrication of that country.
- Make way for the ISO mark and be sure to check that while making a purchase. The authorized companies manufacturing roof access ladders should have a certificate of excellence before presenting you with their products.
- The ladders are to be designed ergonomically for safety and ease of movement. Trends along with the distance from bottom tread to landing must be spaced equally for reduced falling risks and sure footing.
- Some manufacturers are able to create these ladders for meeting the site requirements. These ladders are known to be custom build in nature and will differ from one project to another.
Types to Consider:
There are so many types of roof access ladders available online and at retail stores. Some of the available options are permanent stepladders, roof stairs ladders, ladder support brackets, and more. You can further invest money on caged ladder systems, fold down a ladder, and angled ladder access. Just be sure to check the price first and then make way for the right one.