Going for an eye test is not just to have fancy glasses so that you can follow the new fashion style and trend. Wearing protective gear comes to aid in case of eye disease and other health problems which can be identified by an eye test. For example, glaucoma and diabetes can be identified using an eye test.
The best place for eye tests follows certain rules and regulations. These rules and regulations that best place for eye tests contain are discussed below. It is seen that in many cases a reputable and well-known optical brand does not necessarily have the best eye testing facilities. Even in some situations, it is advised to visit a certified ophthalmologist. So, it is important to choose the correct eye testing facility.
Rules Followed by The Best Eye Testing Centers:
- Ensure that every patient gets at least 20 to30 minutes of individual testing time.
- The optician in that clinic will not only test you but take a closer look at your medical history and your previous appointment results., Apart from your eyes, your optician will also ask you about your general health, work, hobbies and other things that can affect your health.
Ways to Choose the Best Place for Eye Tests
The best place for eye tests is not chosen by the interior of the clinic. The quality, experience and ability of the doctors and the range of facilities available in the clinic are what count the most. It makes the best clinics stand tall among the mediocre ones. Let us read about a few facilities the best clinics should always have.
- Focimetry: This method is used in the best places for eye tests. It is used to check the strength of your present glasses. You will need to hand over glasses to the optician and he will put it in a machine which will check your glasses.
- Tonometry: It is a test for Glaucoma which basically used to measure the pressure in your eyes. It blows air in your eyes to check the pressure.
- Visual Field Check: It is for checking your peripheral vision. You are asked to sit in front of a screen and press a button as you see colored dots on the edge of your vision.
- Autorefraction: It is a method by which your power of vision can be checked. You will be asked to sit in front of a machine and look into a screen as a picture will appear in front of you, which will move in and out of focus. Not just the best place for eye tests but every clinic should have this.
- Prescription Check: It is a process by which the optician will ask you to wear a few lenses and look into a board with characters and number of varying sizes. You will be asked to tell which lens is giving you the best and clear vision.
- Slit lamp: It is a device which is used to look right into your eyes or the back of your eyes. It is essentially a microscope with a very bright light. Every optician in the best place for eye tests has this.
- Ophthalmoscopy: It is a process to look directly inside your eye, even the retina. Here the lights are dimmed, and the optician will look directly at your eyes from different positions.
- Digital Retinal Photography: It is a type of photography where the picture of your retina is taken and stored for future references.
Choosing the best place for eye tests is not easy but if you follow the rules and regulations as mentioned in the article, you will be able to find yourself a good clinic in which you can trust. Remember, our eyes are a gift from God and should never be taken lightly. Take care of it and protect it always. Eyes are precious so make sure that you take good care of your eyes in order to maintain healthy eyesight.