It takes lots of brainstorming, hard work, and financial capacity to construct a dream home. Often it is seen that the budget one makes exceeds while the actual construction is being done. One of the primary reasons for this is the efforts made to enhance the aesthetic beauty of the house. It becomes a burden to spend the extra amount. One of the areas that one can cut down the cost of construction is the flooring of the house. Many people these days are making the floors with concrete and polishing them to have a unique look. It is better to avoid expensive flooring like marble and choose polished concrete to save your cost. Polished concrete flooring is better than wood, marble, granite, and other materials. There are many benefits of using polished concrete for the floors and let us discuss them.
The Benefits Of Polished Concrete Flooring:
- Cuts Down The Cost – Almost all floors have a concrete casting as the base. Marbles, wood or granite or floor tiles are fitted above the concrete surface. However, they add up to the construction cost. But you can go for the polished concrete flooring to save your cost. If the joints of the concrete are correctly sealed and the floors are polished, they look beautiful. The same technique of polishing the marble or granite floors is used. There is no need for the additional cost for decorating the floors with alternative materials.
- More Sustainable – Concrete floors that are polished are more sustainable and they can last longer than other flooring. They require minimum maintenance, unlike the other types of flooring. When the concrete is polished, it reflects the lights and can reduce the cost of lighting. It also stays much cooler in summer, and that too reduces the energy bills considerably. You can install polished concrete flooring in your commercial area because they can bear heavy traffic or footprints.
- Easy Maintenance – Unlike the other flooring options, polished concrete floors are easy to maintain. The marbles can crack, and the vinyl flooring can get damaged, or the wooden flooring can decay over time. So you need to pay huge maintenance cost on these floors. Even if the concrete floors crack or the surface becomes uneven over a period, you can easily repair the particular area and you do not need to replace the whole flooring surface. The floors can be mopped with a wet cloth to remove the stains, and there is no need to hire a professional for the cleaning services, unlike other flooring materials.
- Have Health Benefits – Dust and mites gather on the carpet, under the wood or the vinyl flooring. If the flooring material is not cleaned at regular intervals, there is the chance of getting allergies leading to respiratory problems. However, with concrete flooring, the chances are getting allergies, and respiratory troubles are almost zero. They are completely sealed, and no dust, mites or bacteria can grow as there is no gap between the layers.
- Enhances The Beauty – Polished concrete comes in slabs. They can be pre-installed in every home. One can also cast the floor with concrete in the situation itself, let it dry and then polish it to give an excellent look. One can add colors to the concrete while casting and polish to get a smooth surface. Many homeowners are taking advantage of the cheapest floor solutions using concrete and enhancing the beauty of the indoors.
The purpose of having a dream home does not end with the construction. It needs to be appropriately maintained without incurring much expense. Polished concrete floors are making inroads inside the house as they are easy to maintain, cost-effective, and do not compromise with the aesthetics.