Wood is always preferred by many people, and even though wooden furniture have been around for centuries, the vintage and rustic look that wooden pieces offer is unmatched and sought out by everyone. With the popularity of PVC and steel growing due to their lower maintenance and cheaper rates, timber doors still find a decent amount of admirers and purchasers. Though wooden doors might seem more on higher end of maintenance, the fact that everything needs a routine maintenance and you can use the wooden doors for many years.
Why Would You Choose Wooden Doors?
Whether you are remodeling your home or building a house from the scratch, doors and windows will definitely be part of your house plan. One of the main reasons we need door is to segregate the space and be able to customize the different spaces as per our desire. Wooden doors seem costly and opting for lighter ones puts your safety and security at risk. In this case, you can choose the hardwood timber doors. Such doors can keep your property safe and secure. Another reason for the popularity of timber is the ease of sizing, shaping and coloring that timber wood offer. Wood adds a certain charm to the home and its easy customization option makes it fit ant décor and theme.
Here are more reasons why you should consider timber doors for your home:
- Aesthetics – one of the main reasons we spend hours on planning and choosing, rejecting and choosing again the theme, furniture, decors and accessories for our home is because we want a space that is appealing aesthetically. Contemporary homes will find the great importance of timber doors for their décor. In fact a wooden door will be the perfect balance for warmth and neutrality for your space. Especially, if you have traditional theme on your home and you have some antique furniture in your rooms then you need to choose the solid timber door. You can blend the color of such timber doors with your traditional home.
- Natural insulation – if you are living is regions that experience very cold then wood is your best friend. You will find that many of the mountain cabins are made of wood because timber has great insulation. So if you want to keep your rooms warm during winter then you must choose the timber doors for your home improvement.
- Good investment – with proper care, wood lasts for well over 50 years. The charm of timber doors will never diminish with time; rather it will only increase adding value to your property. Cheaper options of PVC will last less than half this life span. Apart from that, you will get great resale value of these timber doors and you can also recycle such doors if needed.
- Durable – one of the main advantages of timber doors over other material is their high durability. The condensed cellular structure of timber makes this material highly robust and adding a bit on engineering to the natural timber makes it even sturdier. You do not need to worry about the door and modern wooden doors can resist the adverse climatic conditions and they are weather proof.
- Sustainable – one of the most common misconceptions that people have is that wooden door means harming the environment. Firstly, all the timber that goes into making the doors are from forests that are grown separately for this very purpose and the lifespan of 60 to 70 years means that you do not need to invest in door sooner as with other materials.
With proper care and usage, you use the timber doors for many years. Not only are you adding value and charm to your home, but also making your home greener and safer.