Everyone loves their car and each individual consider it as one of their integral part of life. Thus, keeping it up and running is a primary objective of any car owner and car service does the trick in this department. The saying “A stitch in time saves nine” is apt in this context. Regular car service includes a complete checkup of all the car parts and machinery. So, to avoid any long term and big damages caused by old parts, it is better to get them checked and replaced whenever necessary.
General services included in a Car Service provided by any automotive service provider:
- Checking of engine oil and oil filter and changing if necessary
- Checking and adjusting drive belt tension.
- Checking and cleaning spark plugs.
- Checking and topping up automatic transmission fluid level.
- Checking and topping up power steering fluid.
- Checking wear on brake pads and replacing if necessary.
- Renewing fuel line filter.
- Inspecting tyres for tread wear and damage.
- Taking a note of the pattern of wear on tyres and detecting the problems in suspension, steering and wheel balancing based on that.
- Checking the condition of the engine.
- Replacing air filter.
- Checking of clutch and gear operation.
- Checking battery condition.
- Carrying out of shock absorber bounce test to ensure perfect functioning of jumpers.
- Inspecting exhaust system for leaks, security and noise.
- Lubricating all the joints.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all the safety mechanisms like air bags, handbrakes etc.
Now the question is how these Car Services benefit the car, the answer is in 3 points:
- Increase of safety on roads while driving: Irrespective of how good a driver you are, you are always at more risk if the car you drive is not well maintained. For that, a regular car service is necessary. You need to get your car checked regularly for road worthiness as the car gets older, the systems may slack down due to wear and tear. A regular check on your car’s safety mechanisms, braking system, tyres and ignition system ensures your safety while driving. A well serviced car would make you feel a lot safer on road and more comfortable as well.
- Boost fuel economy and prevent huge damages: Regular servicing is the best and most efficient way to enhance fuel economy. As research states it, regular car service can boost up 10-15% of your fuel economy. Regular cleaning of the machinery of the car through car servicing enhances the car performance manifold. Car services ensures the efficiency of each part of the car and as a result you can experience an improved performance of the car. Also, by regular servicing, the machinery is always kept in check. So smallest of defects can be detected immediately. Thus, large damages can be averted by mending small damages immediately.
- Extend the lifespan of the car: The aim of regular servicing is prevention and care along with repair. Damage in the machinery is mainly cumulative with one fault leading to another and so on, until your car breaks down completely. A regular car service prevents this from happening and thus maximizes the longevity of the car. Also, a well-maintained car with regular servicing ensures you get higher sale value of the car when you decide to switch to a new model.
The key to a good car service is to look for reliable car service providers. Word of mouth is the best way to go about it. Also, check what services the mechanics provide in a car service package and ensure all the above mentioned services are included. Above all do not get lured by money saving offers and neglect efficiency and quality.