Considering getting your walls and ceilings plastered? Here are a few things you must know about the plasterer and the work that will be done by him.
There can be various different types of finishes that can be provided by the plasterer. You can choose from the finishes that are most suitable for you.
- The Pebbledash Finishing: The pebbles that are used in this finish are of different sizes which range from 10mm to 20mm. These are used on the upper surface and the ratio of the mortar is 1:3.
- The Smooth Cast Finishing: In this, fine sand should be used and for this the mortar should be in the ratio of 1:3.
- The Scraped Finishing: This finish is done by scrapping the upper coat with the steel blade after it has been dried.
- The Sand Faced Finishing: In this, there are two coats of plastering that are done. The ratio of the mortar of the first coat has to be 1:4 and the second coat has to be 1:1. After this, a layer of the sand has to be attached to the upper coat.
- The Roughcast Finishing: This nature of the finish is considered the best for external walls. The coarse aggregate is mixed with the mortar and the ratio has to be 1:1.5:3.
The Types of Plasters Those are Available in The Market:
#1. The Gypsum Plaster: In today’s times, this type of plaster is considered to be taking over the lime and cement plastering. The advantage that it provides is that there are fewer chances of its cracking and shrinking. This gypsum plaster can be used for different purposes like casting, finish, undercoat, by heating it to the temperature that it requires.
#2. The Lime Plaster: This plaster has a mixture of lime and sand in the ratio of 1:3. The undercoat or finished services use the same material.
#3. The Cement Plaster: Cement and sand are in the ratio of 1:3 and then it is mixed with water to prepare the material which is used for making the plaster. Plasticizers are mixed with the mixture so that they can be prevented from bugs from ceilings and walls.
The Advantages of The Plaster Surface:
#1. Pollution Free: In nature, the walls that are plastered are pollution free. Compared to a non-plastered wall, the walls which are plastered create less amount of dust.
#2. For Decorative Purpose: Enhancement of the decor can be done by using the various natures of finishes that are available. This is possible when you have your walls and ceilings plastered.
#3. The Durability: The walls that are plastered are way more durable than non-plastered walls. Plastering can help protect your walls from humidity, rainwater and other climatic disasters.
Benefits Of Hiring A Professional Plasterer:
#1. Using The Right Materials: There are wide ranges of plastering materials that can be used for internal and external walls but only a professional plasterer will be aware of such materials which are best suited for your walls.
#2. Getting The Work Done Without Any Mess: Plaster is one messy material to be used. Hire a professional plasterer will make sure that there is no mess since they are skilled and trained for this job.
Here are A Few Questions That You Need To Ask Your Plasterer:
- How long will he take to get the job done?
- How long has he been in this field and his years of experience in it?
- What is the cost including everything like the material used and labor charges too?
Hope you like the above-mentioned advantages and benefits of the plastering. Go through this link to get more information.