Rainwater is a high quality water source that is sustainable and renewable. Most often you have rainwater getting drained into gutters and the drainage system, which is a sheer waste and with the ever changing climate it is crucial to store this rainwater and use it for different purposes. This practice of storing rainwater has been around for many decades but these days it is gaining popularity as the water scarcity has grown to unimaginable levels. This stored rainwater can be used for landscapes, irrigation, commercial sites, parking lots and also apartment complexes.
Some benefits of harvesting rainwater
- If rainwater is properly stored then it can bring down the levels of floods, erosion by being able to reduce storm water runoff.
- Improve the growth of plants as this water is devoid of any pollutants and also minerals and salts.
- Stored rainwater can bring down the water bills to a large extent. This can be used for washing clothes, cleaning toilets and a lot more.
- Finally, you are using a resource that is free.
Choosing Poly rainwater tanks
You have a choice between many materials for these water tanks but poly rainwater tanks work out as one of the best options. These tanks are light weight but these are strong and these work out cost-effective. The poly rainwater tanks are available in different sizes and shapes as this material is flexible. Installation of these tanks is easy as they are light in weight. Besides this, you have a choice of different colors so you can choose a color which is suitable for your home. As these tend to be non-corrosive the rainwater is not tainted with any fibers. Usually these poly tanks do not leak but all the same you need to be a little careful if there is the copper plumbing throughout the house.
How to buy Poly Rainwater Tanks
Below mentioned are certain important tips that you need to follow in order to ensure you make the right choice of the poly rainwater tank.
- Establish the capacity of rainwater harvesting : If you find that you receive approximately 500 mm of rain every year, then you will be able to harvest around 100,000L of rainwater. This is just an estimate, you need to take the trouble and find out the required information and make a choice of the poly rainwater tank accordingly.
- Accessories to be determined : You need to get the information about what other accessories are required when you think of buying a rainwater tank. This information can be received from the manufacturer.
- Appropriate Location : There are multiple options in this but you will need to be aware that if you get this rainwater tank installed closer to your downpipe, the installation works out cheaper and easier. Make sure the area is clear of any windows, walkways and also make sure this can blend well with the surroundings.
- Style of the RainWater Tank : There is a wide range of styles available in these poly rainwater tanks. You can determine the style in accordance to the space available. Look for the slim line water tanks or even the under deck or underground water tank.
- Choosing the Color : As you have a choice between different colors available in these rainwater tanks, you can easily pick and choose one which suits the area around it.
The manufacturer of these tanks should be able to send enough people to install this tank so that you are not required for any sort of labor. It is not easy to give a helping hand to carry these tanks as, though they might be light weight but are huge.