Lots of industries across the world rely on the use of pallets, and it is not possible for many projects to get completed without pallets. Different materials are used for making pallets, and these include wood, plastic and even paper. Different industries use different kinds of materials in accordance to their requirements. In fact, in the recent years, there has been a trend to go for used pallets for transporting different goods. This is one of the best means of saving money and continuing with the same pallet for a long time to come. Therefore, if you have never thought of using any recycled or used option, it is a good idea to give a try.
Obtaining Different Benefits:
The combination of health and safety regulations along with environmental conditions is what makes it suitable for many industries to rely on the used options. Different industries like pharmaceutical, beverages, construction and even logistics have started relying on the used ones. It is often seen that when employed correctly, in terms of the temperature and load, it can create a huge difference. This is applicable both for plastic as well as wooden pallets.
Tips on Safety:
However, prior to investing on any used option, it is important to determine the safety of the same. There are several elements by means of which the safety elements can be detected in a pallet.
- Make sure that you clearly understand the symbols that are listed on the bottom of each pallet.
- When you find any IPPC logo on a wooden pallet, you can be certain of the fact that it has been treated properly. However, if the logo is missing, it would be better to avoid getting the same.
- A two or four letter code can often determine the nature of treatment on the pallet. DB means debarked, where the bark of the pallet is removed and the pallet is not treated chemically. Thus, you can safely use it.
- On the other hand, HT stands for heat treated, where the pallets are placed on a heated kiln for killing diseases and bugs. These can also be used safely.
- The code MB means methyl bromide, which refers to fungi. It implies that the pallet is poisonous and hence it is not safe to use.
- Avoiding colored pallets is also a good idea, because the use of color implies that it was used to move chemicals previously.
Other Crucial Things to Follow:
Apart from the above mentioned things, you will need to follow several other factors in order to get hold of the best used pallets.
- Look for some reliable and reputed place where you can safely invest on the used ones. Some of the best places are lumber stores, landscaping companies and distribution centers.
- You can be certain that the pallets were not used to carry any toxic materials and hence they are safe for you.
Compatibility and Safety:
Going for the used plastic version of pallets is a good idea as these can be further recycled in the course of time. These are lighter in weight, and they offer more convenience compared to the wooden counterparts. They can cut the costs of disposal, and also they can be later converted into other plastic goods. Moreover, these can even last 50 times more than the wooden ones. Hence, it will certainly help you in saving money when you stock them up.
Therefore, do not miss out any opportunity to get your hands on the used version of pallets, especially the plastic ones. It will certainly create a huge difference, and you will get loads of benefits by using such item.